The first lens in the market which posseses a ultra wide angle of view and 1:1 Macro ability
Laowa 15mm f/4 Wide Angle 1:1 Macro Lens
The new Laowa 15mm f/4 1:1 Macro lens is the first lens in the market which posseses a ultra wide angle of view and 1:1 Macro ability. This allows photographers from around the world to start experiencing the rather undeveloped field of ‘Wide Angle Macro Photography’ without using a extension tube. Macro Lenses currently in the market tends to have a mid to long focal length and it limits users to take very close-up shots on the insect or flowers, without showing much of the background details like its habitat or environment.
The new Laowa 15mm f/4 1:1 Macro lens features an ultra wide angle of view of 110 degrees with 1:1 maximum magnification. Photographers can focus very close to the subject and let the foreground dominates in the photo but at the same time, have the background telling viewers about where and how the subject lives. You picture will immediately become very informative and intriguing.
The lens can also serve as an excellent ultra-wide angle lenses with infinity focus for cameras with full frame sensors. A shift mechanism is added at the rear end of the lens with a maximum adjustment of +/- 6mm, which is extremely useful for landscape/architecture photography for distortion correction.
The lens houses with 12 elements in 9 groups with 3 pieces of High Refractive elements and 1 piece of Extra-low dispersion elements to deliver crystal sharpness both in the center and the edge. Barrel Distortion was also carefully controlled. 14 pieces of aperture blades form a close-to-circular aperture, capable of creating creamy shallow depth of view. The enclosure of the lens is made of metal to strengthen its durability. Canon EF, Nikon F, Sony A, Sony FE and Pentax K mounts are available.
Sample Shots (Click to Enlarge)
(More sample photos can be accessed from the Sample Photos tab above.)
- 110 degrees of view angle
- 1:1 macro ability with infinity focus
- +/- 6mm Shift ability
- 12 elements in 9 groups with 3 pieces of High Refractive elements and 1 piece of Extra-low dispension lens
- Multi-layer low-reflective coatings to avoid unnecessary flare
- Carefully control on the sharpness both in the centre and the edge.
- Limited barrel distortion
- 14 pieces of aperture blades form a close-to-circular aperture
- Flat Front element surface for filter installation.
- The enclosure of the lens is made of metal to strengthen its durability.
- Canon EF, Nikon F, Sony A, Sony FE & Pentax K mounts are available.
- Full Frame Sensor Supported